The Marangu route is one of the most popular routes to the summit of Kilimanjaro. This could partly be as a result of the fact that the Marangu is the least expensive route, but more so, perhaps the fact that it is possible to do the Marangu route in 5 days, thereby getting to the summit one day earlier compared to the Machame route. This is not always the best way, due to a shorter acclimatisation period.
The Marangu route does however offer you the option of spending an extra acclimatisation day on the mountain. This extends the route into a 6-day trek, greatly increasing your chances of success. Shared hut accommodation on the Marangu route forms one of the main differences, compared to the other routes. It offers you the relative luxury of being able to sleep in huts along the entire route. Mineral water, soft drinks, chocolates and beers are also sold at all the camps on this route. All your equipment and supplies are portered and a cook prepares all your meals.
The main itinerary difference between the Marangu 5 day and 6 day routes is the additional acclimatization day at Horombo Hut.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE PACKAGE
- 2 Night Hotel accommodation in Moshi, a day before trek and a day after trek
- Transportation to and from your selected route
- Transfer from Airport/Bus station in Moshi on arrival and return to airport/Bus station after climb.
- Quality, Waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tent
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Certified, experienced, English speaking mountain guides:
- All Tanzanian National Park Fees
- Government Climbing Taxes
- Climbing permits
- All hot Meals prepared by our cook while on Mountain
- Guides, Porters and Cook Salaries
- Fair and ethical treatment of Porters
- Enough porters to carry your luggage
- Safety Equipment:
- Emergency Oxygen
- Pulse Ox meter
- Hot drinks at every meal
- Water provided on climb, mineral water for the first day and boiled water every day
- Emergency rescue fees
- Personal Summit Certificate signed by the National Park and your Guide
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Personal items and toiletries
– Tips for guides, porters and cook (this is a guide to tipping on the mountain
Tipping on Kilimanjaro from the trekking group (not per climber):
- Guides: $20/day/guide
- Cook: $15/day
- Porter: $10/day/porter
- N/B: Our Guides, cooks and Porters are always satisfied with your thanks giving (tip) you have and not beyond your ability.
- International airfares and departure taxes
- All items of person nature such as telephone call, fax, email etc
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks
- Laundry services
- Visa and International flight tickets fees.
There are no reviews yet.