The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, Rongai has low traffic. It is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the crowded Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season (the north side receives less precipitation).
The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, and seven days are recommended. Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. This route descends down the Marangu route. Rongai is a moderately difficult route, and is highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE PACKAGE
- Portable toilet tent
- 2 Night Hotel accommodation in Moshi, a day before trek and a day after the trek
- Transportation to and from your selected route
- Transfer from Airport/Bus station in Moshi on arrival and return to airport/Bus station after the climb.
- Quality, Waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tent
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Certified, experienced, English speaking mountain guides:
- All Tanzanian National Park Fees
- Government Climbing Taxes
- Climbing permits
- All hot meals prepared by our cook while on Mountain
- Guides, Porters and Cook Salaries
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Enough porters to carry your luggage
- Safety Equipment:
- Emergency Oxygen
- Pulse Ox meter
- Hot drinks at every meal
- Water provided on the climb, mineral water for the first day, and boiled water every day
- Emergency rescue fees
- Personal Summit Certificate signed by the National Park and your Guide
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
– Personal items and toiletries
– Tips for guides, porters, and cooks (this is a guide to tipping on the mountain
Tipping on Kilimanjaro from the trekking group (not per climber):
- Guides: $20/day/guide
- Cook: $15/day
- Porter: $10/day/porter
- N/B: Our Guides, cooks, and Porters are always satisfied with the thanksgiving (tip) you have and not beyond your ability.
- International airfares and departure taxes
- All items of personal nature such as telephone call, fax, email, etc
- Alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks
- Laundry services
- Visa and International flight tickets fees.
There are no reviews yet.